Fun Friday Games for the Office
Is it finally Friday? Are you looking for a way to jazz up the office and prepare for the weekend? It’s probably time to introduce some fun Friday office games to motivate your coworkers to finish the week strong. Here’s a list of the best games to play in your office this Friday!
The Leg Challenge
The Leg Challenge is a short and simple game to introduce to your office this Friday. Here’s how it works:
- Split your group into two even teams
- Place some cones down about 15 yards apart
- Have both teams start on the same side with each team’s arms interlocked
- Teams will run from one set of cones to the other, however, each time a team reaches a set of cones, they must keep one fewer leg on the ground to run to the next set of cones. (ex. Two teams of 6 are competing. They begin with 12 legs, but then must use 11 legs after reaching the first set of cones)
- The first team to successfully make it between the two sets of cones with only 25% of their total legs wins! (ex. Two teams of 6 are competing. The first team to successfully reach a set of cones using only 3 legs wins!)
- If a team fails to reach a set of cones during the challenge, the team must return to the set of cones they began that leg at and try again.
Two Truths and a Lie
If you’re looking to get to know your coworkers a little better, Two Truths and a Lie is a fun Friday game to learn some fun facts about those you work with. Here’s how it works.
First, in your group, pick one person to begin the game. This person will make three statements about themselves, two of which are true and one of which is false.
Then, the rest of the group will discuss which of the three statements given was a lie. It is important for the person making the statements to disguise their lie well enough to make it challenging for the rest of the group to guess.
After everyone in your group has had a turn, you’ll have learned a lot about your coworkers!
If you’re looking for an activity that your office can do every Friday, while at the same time rewarding productivity and hard work, try Friday Funday! The idea is simple. Every Friday you’ll divide the office up into four equal teams (preferably with an equal number of people from each department).
Throughout the day, each team will compete in a series of short and small challenges to accumulate points. For example, every hour on the hour (through Slack or a similar communication software), send out a trivia question and award the team that answers correctly first one point.
Later in the day, have teams meet in person to compete in games like Pictionary or charades – and award points accordingly.
At the end of the day, have the teams return for one final grand challenge such as building the tallest card tower. Add up the total points earned for each team throughout the day and crown a winning team! Make sure you plan awards/prizes to motivate each team to win!
Planning an entire day of small games and challenges in between work will encourage employees to communicate with coworkers they would not typically work with, and give everyone something to talk about throughout the day!
This idea is similar to Friday Funday, but with a little more time and organization required. Start off by dividing into your desired amount of teams. On a piece of posterboard, each team will take 15-20 minutes to design their Olympic flag that they will rally around the rest of the day.
Throughout the day, plan some friendly sporting competitions like wiffle ball, kickball, or some relay races and keep track of which teams win. Award points accordingly.
Make sure to throw in some non-athletic events like card games or board games that also award points.
At the end of the day, tally up the points and declare one team a winner!
Looking for a fun Friday activity for the office? Try Team Building Kits!